Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Hearts are Broken

After a six-month battle with cancer, we have lost my cousin Troy at the young age of 45. I am sad. I am angry. I'm in shock. And I feel helpless.

There will be a hole in our family that we won't be able to fill. The 4th of July will never be the same as he was our fireworks guru and our boat driver.

He was a GOOD guy...and we will miss him.

A few weeks ago, Cade asked me, "What do you do when you go up to heaven? Do you just lay in a cabin or something?" I told him, "Well you can lay in a cabin if you want to. In heaven, you can do whatever makes you happy." Later, when I told Cade that Troy had gone to heaven, one thing he said was, "now he's an angel." So we will picture our angel, Troy, up in heaven, doing what he loves...fishing, boating, jetskiing, playing volleyball, playing video games, watching Husker football games, hunting, and being reunited with loved ones...and he is smiling that beautiful smile.

Rest in peace my dear cousin. Thank you for your love, we will hold it close to our hearts always.

**When I picked Cade up at school today, he had painted this...
he told me, "it's Troy because he's an angel up in heaven now."**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

E-
I am so sorry to hear about Troy. That picture Cade made brought tears to my eyes. The mind of a child is truly one of the sweetest things. Please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
jules

Ryan C said...

Thank you E. That is perfection, and Troy to a tee. I had Terry read it (God knows I couldn't) at the family meeting today and it was very moving, very touching. Thank you.

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about Troy! You all and his extended family and friends are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Holly said...

Hi E,
I am so sorry to hear about Troy. I know I only met him a few times many years ago but he had a spirit and smile that could brighten up a room. We will keep your whole family in our thoughts and prayers.

Mary said...

In Tears...what a cool way to remember someone.